Pages

24 August 2014

Security Blanket, Round Two

 
If asked, I'd say my 16 year old's security blanket is this
 
 
And 6 year old V's has always been green blankie
 
 
She sleeps with it faithfully every night, but it's falling apart.  It upset her when I suggested we recover it, but Mr. Dork had a good idea - a quasi-pillow case for the blanket so V could unzip it and see the old quilt inside.
 

V chose the green and violet theme from the original blanket for her new cover.


I added some quilt batting to make the original baby blanket bigger.
 
 
 
Kudos to Mr. Dork.
 
 

 
 
 
 



2 comments:

Jenn said...

I love this idea! Thank you for sharing. It's so timely too, as I've just recently been trying to figure out what to do about my own little's beloved blankie that is wearing out.
Thanks again!

Leisel Payzant said...

Amazing idea! Gotta keep those kiddos happy about their security blankies. . .