Pages

04 August 2012

What Sorcery is This?


What sorcery is this?  A machine that threads itself?! 
Mr. Dork must know my eyesight is fading with each birthday because he bought me one for my Big Day.  He made a once-in-a-lifetime appearance at the sewing store to pick up my repaired ailing machine (the new one I wore out in about 500 blog posts) and asked the ladies there to give him a demo before picking out two choices.  Then he drove me to the store, handed me a wad of bills and sent me inside to pick.  Hurray for birthdays!
(Of course you need a college degree to figure out the self-threading mechanism.  Nothing a glass of wine or three can't fix.)

9 comments:

Hello Kendra said...

What an awesome gift. I have a self threading brother. It took me forever to figure it out and I still have to pull out the book randomly due to all of the features. It sews beautifully though.

Happy birthday

LB3K said...

lucky girl!

ShirleyC said...

Congrats to you! I love the self threaders! What an eye saver!

Chartreuse Moose said...

Woohoooo!!! A new sewing machine!!!
Let the fun begin!

A Half-Baked Notion said...

Way to go, hubby! My well-used Singer 9940 with its assisted threading (looks like a similar mechanism in yours) has kept me sewing into my 50's despite diminishing eyesight. Why not have all the help we can?

Liz Slater said...

My Singer has the auto thread too, but I've never been able to get it to work. I assumed it didn't work until a neighbor borrowed my machine and remarked how jealous she was of that feature as it made seeing so much easier. I was too embarrassed to admit I'd never succeeded I'm using it.
I think I may need a YouTube tutorial.

Becky said...

yeaaaahhhh....happy birthday dear cynthia...hope your day is special, lovely, and full of fun moments to make beautiful memories for years to come...enjoy...xx

love the new machine...nice one mr d..
xx

Sabrina said...

Wow, happy birthday!

I also have a self threader on my Janome and have yet to figure it out. lol. I also have a built in cutter but I still use my scissors. My husband laughs at me but some habits are had to break.

Polloc Pollock said...

Hey great stuff nice info your passing on
used injection molding machines for sale