Pages

28 July 2012

"Mom, I Need a Bear Costume By Tomorrow Morning"

V announced at 8 pm as I was tucking her in that she was playing Mama Bear in the daycare's play Goldilocks the next day.  "I need a Mama bear costume."  And so did her friend Claire since everybody had an understudy due to the sheer volume of children.  Good thing Walmart had a giant brown stretch velvet shirt on the clearance rack.




It was too hot for a bear suit in the July weather so I made each Mama Bear a pink apron as per our Little Golden version of the story.



The kids were so excited about the little girl who slept in their beds and ate their porridge! 




8 comments:

Angela Pea said...

Great save! My youngest son did that to me once, only ours was a black sheep costume. Walmart to the rescue for us, too, with a clearance aisle black fleece blanket that I turned into a fuzzy sheep head and vest.

The F Girl said...

Haha. Oh, those little ones, how they can scare a mom like that eh? :)


I think you did a great job and the bear caps look very nice!

JoyLeanne said...

So cute!

A Half-Baked Notion said...

Very cute little bear costumes, indeed! It's good to know when to spring for the best fabric and when to pounce on the Walmart bargains. I miss the fabric section at our local Walmart, especially the clearance bin. It was almost the last place to buy fabric in our town, but they got rid of it two years ago. The last time I bought quilting cotton I had to mailorder.

countrysidechristianacademy said...

Love the picture of her wearing the hood--so cute!!

Grestch. said...

OHH! I just want to have children to make them these lovely costumes :3

Melissa said...

Nice save mama! Wow, you do great work under pressure! We have that same Little Golden Book. Your aprons are freakin' adorable.

Pacokeco said...

V is so cute!
Also, I'm trying to envision a large brown velour stretch shirt...shudder