Pages

17 May 2012

Basic Baby Bibs

It's been a long while since my kids needed a handmade bib

But wouldn't you know I have a pregnant friend. Excuse me, I have to go sew something.

My friend isn't one of those insanely curious types who wants to know the baby's sex (um, I am!)  Therefore, said bibs were made with a girly front side and a boyish back side. 

I don't think baby will care that I got the pink print upside down.  If it's a boy, the pink side of the bib shall never see the light of day.

This was daughter #1 and I some thirteen years ago.  Handmade bib then too :)

A decade later V came along and wore some handmade hand-me-downs.




6 comments:

krishna said...

too cute!!
eyes are blue, lovely too.. :)

krishna said...

can you show how to do it?

Liz Slater said...

The pink print should be upside down. When baby looks down it will be right side up from their point of view :)

Becky said...

cute cute cute baby...gorgeous eyes....xx

The Sewing Dork said...

Krishna - I do have a tutorial for how to put a basic bib together - it's under my tutorials link. It's for a teddy bear sized bib though. Instructions will be the same, you'll just need a bigger template.

Cushion Comforts said...

These are great! Great blog x