Pages

23 April 2012

Love To Twirl Dress Imposter


Every season Hanna Andersson puts out a version of their Love To Twirl Dress.  Making an imposter was on V's list of requests, along with can we go to Disneyland this weekend  (um no, but you might get the dress).

Standing still it's ho hum

But I love it in action.

It is based on the same premise as pants and skirts I have made in the past.

Tiers are stacked together, each one 1.5 times as wide as the one above it. 

Each tier is gathered, then attached to the one above.

My version is an outgrown tshirt with after-market parts.  A whole lot of fabric went into that skirt so I chose the lightest weight knits I could find.

And V discovered that voluminous skirts can be put to good use, as in Mommy can I bring home all these rocks?


4 comments:

Sharleen said...

Too cute! Love the last pic, that is my daughter- rock girl!

Holly Baumgartner said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Melissa said...

This is on the top of my list, I picked up some amazing quality/shape cotton coloured tees last week at the thrift shop, now I just need purple and Wednesday can have another rainbow outfit. Love V's!

neslininatölyesi.blogspot.com said...

too cute, thanks for sharing, and I love your blog and style, i am newest follower