Pages

27 January 2012

Ruffles, Take Two


More ruffles, this time in the form of a skirt.  I often buy fat quarters when I spot a print I like.  A fat quarter  fits my budget.  But what to do with them?


I used these two fat quarters to make long strips which I hemmed on the serger, gathered, and layered on the bottom of a cotton skirt.

That's V, dressed haphazardly like Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen.  Or like a three year old.  It works.  If only I could get away with that at the office - a combination of my pyjamas and sunglasses.  Bliss.

3 comments:

Becky said...

my my how she is growing. do love that pic of her in the pink glasses...she reminded me of kate moss(dont know why!!)
hugs

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

love that mermaid print!

Merry Mama said...

I love your sentiments. Also relate to the fat-quarter-dilemma...from it-fits-the-budget...to what-to-do-with-it-now! !!!