Pages

12 January 2012

I Wish We All Could Be California Girls

We just arrived home from a mid-January week in the sunny south.  We took a drive from our vacation place in Arizona to Disneyland, and I must say that I'm seething with jealousy about all you resident Californians!

Disneyland did nothing for me ($12.00 balloon anyone?), but ooooh, the sun.  We did a lot of this.


Every morning I'd go outside and just stand there in my short sleeves, thrilled that I wasn't wearing a parka and mukluks.


Now if I can only get someone in California to adopt me...

5 comments:

Renae said...

I felt the same way last year in Jan. when I went to AZ. from MN. -13 degrees at home and 75 in AZ. It was lovely.....until it is over 100 degrees for 6 months straight.

Glad you all had fun.

Ms. Persnickety said...

I love living in CA but it's funny, we all take the weather for granted. What I treasure most is the produce!! Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Shoulda known you vacation in Arizona- all my neighbors are from Canada right now! And yet, we all also wish we lived in California...

Resweater said...

Glad you had a great vacation!

I used to think that year round warm was the best, then I moved to Arizona for 4 years. I now appreciate & love the seasons... even if the seasons are summer, cold, really cold, and almost warm ;).

Pacokeco said...

But parkas hide all the evil cold weather indulging! I'm typing with one hand as I stuff a butter tart in my mouth.