Pages

05 December 2011

Little Girl's Vintage Christmas Dress

I wanted to make V a dress for the holiday party season, but I wasn't aiming for the traditional red and green scheme.

I used McCalls pattern 9590 from 1968.


The fabric is Sherbet Pips by Moda.   It's a sweet bunch of girls on swings.

Miraculously, I installed a zipper.

We tested it out at a holiday party last weekend with a pair of bloomers and pink tights.

 V didn't stay clean/unwrinkled for long. 

Which is exactly how a three year old should look post-party I suppose.

2 comments:

LB3K said...

ahhhh! i LOVE this little dress! what a fabulous pattern! i love your little one's expressions, too! ;0)

leisel

Terry said...

great! You used the pattern! I enjoy your site, lots of fun ideas and love to see sewing that is not daunting. (from terryscloth at etsy)
Terry