Pages

19 September 2011

Out


It's downright cold here at night now.  When Mr. Dork suggested we camp for the weekend, I stifled a groan.  I used to thoroughly enjoy camping when I only had to be responsible for me.  Now all that packing/planning/cooking/washing/unpacking for everyone else seems overwhelming.  But I was glad when we left the city on Friday night and immersed ourselves in this:

Until we pulled into three consecutive campsites with this:

But we stayed and these were the only bears we saw.

For all my whining about the packing/planning/cooking/washing/unpacking/bears, I had overlooked how nice it is to get out and just be in nature.

And how much easier it is to keep the Littles busy in the great outdoors. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

"I used to thoroughly enjoy camping when I only had to be responsible for me. Now all that packing/planning/cooking/washing/unpacking for everyone else seems overwhelming." Yes, Yes, Yes. My husband has the great ideas, I moan and grumble as I pack and prepare (and truth be told he does most of it). And then I go and have a wonderful time!

Rachel said...

I too feel the same way and regretfully cancelled our last camping trip we were taking to the Salt creek/San Juan area. And, of course, the weather was beautiful that weekend. It is so much trouble (we had a surly teen with us the time before which influenced my decision to not go)to pack everything and plan it all but the children LOVE it and it can be relaxing. Beautiful area you all went to.

miamihoney said...

Picture perfect. I am not a camper but I see the beauty in it- thanks for sharing!