Pages

12 August 2011

A Thank You All, and More Questions about Commenting

Update:  I drew the name Suzee as the random winner of a little surprise.
Thanks to everyone who responded to my last post where I needed some blog publishing help.  I got rid of all that blank white space thanks to Jen.

I recently switched to a pop up comment box, and I'm uncertain how well it's working?  I did this because some of you had trouble commenting when I didn't have a pop up box, and some of you have trouble now too.  Perplexed.

Anyway, if anyone has any insight to offer on making commenting easier for readers, please say so below.  As promised in the last post, I'll choose one of you commenters for a nice surprise in the mail.


9 comments:

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

I have no ideas for making it easier - but I LOVE that I don't have to type out a word verification! I hate it when bloggers do that - you're going to moderate the comments anyways why make my type out a word. thank-you for not being one of those blogs I hate commenting on!

Sally said...

I *think* the problems that some comments are having are due to the fact that they have clicked on the "stay logged in" feature for Google commenting... I was having issues only with some blogs. Now that I have unclicked that feature, I have had realtively few issues.

Kelly said...

I switched to Google Chrome as my internet browser about 3 or 4 months ago and I haven't had any problems commenting on blogger or any other sites that I can think of. If I do, I always have the internet explorer option to fall back on. I know it's another program to download, but it has helped me!

kc said...

Yup - once I unchecked the "keep me logged in" box, my issues with blogger stopped. However, everytime I went home (to Google) I had to sign in again. PITB! Funny how we get used to "seamless" and when we have to click or type one more thing, it's a PITB! Can we say SPOILED? GUILTY! :)

Caren said...

I'm on Google Chrome and I haven't had any problems with the pop-up. I guess I'm not much help all-around, huh? :)

Nome said...

I'm on Chrome too, love it!

ShirleyC said...

I went ahead and downloaded Firefox, and haven't had any problems. It's IE that is causing the havoc evidently.

Vicki in UT said...

Ooohh, I keep my google clicked to keep me logged in, is that why I sometimes can't get a blog to accept my comment? It only happens on some blogs, and i know little about computers, so just avoided trying to comment on those blogs. Thank you everyone for helping me to solve a mystery.

Suzee said...

Thank you !!! yay I won! This post didnt show up as new in my reader and so glad you sent me a email because I wouldn't of known!! eeeks..