Pages

29 August 2011

Sew a Simple Boxy Top for Women (also entitled Look At My Bingo Wings)


My official photographer returned last night from summer camp.

I put her to work today photographing some of my creations for Back to School For Mom's Week.  I have this grey print top (left)  in my closet that gets a lot of wear.  It's just a simple box shape really, so I traced around and tried to recreate it (minus the pleats).  I used cotton poplin for my version.


I was planning to do a simple tutorial, then I came across an awesome refashioning blog, Cotton and Curls. She has an almost identical shirt with a fabulous tutorial (complete with computer generated illustrations which I can never do).  And she's way younger and thinner.

According to my 13 year old photographer, this shirt emphasizes my Bingo Wings.

I nearly peed my pants laughing when she said 'Bingo Wings'.  I'd never heard the term before.  So I Googled it, and I'm proud to say that I'm not alone.  Even Madonna has 'em.
Source


Heck, I've got wrinkly elbows too, but let's just focus on the great top :)

5 comments:

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

it's cute! and I love shirts with pockets!

Attilio said...

em em..i dont see your bingo wings., but i sure do see her's, and not its not coz i'm hitting the big 4 0 at the end of the week!
nice top too, me likey.
becky
bpbajona at maltanet dot net

The Sewing Dork said...

Attilio, you are way nice (as always!)

Emma Thomsen said...

LOL I was surprised to see a US Blog mention 'Bingo Wings ' AKA 'Dinner Lady Wings'. Your picture reminds me of a line from the UK comedy Absolutely Fabulous when Saffie says to Patsy "skin hangs off like a well cooked chicken'! Love the top, and see absolutely no 'bingo wings'!!!

TracyKM said...

You do NOT have bingo wings! Not at all!
The top is cute, reminds me of the Sorbetto top that is all the rage right now too. It's amazing how simple some of our clothes really are to design/construct :)