Pages

11 August 2011

I Need a Blog Doctor (A Shout Out)

*sigh* I've created a problem.  See all that blank white space after each blog post?  Obviously (er, perhaps... I really haven't got a clue) I fooled with my blog template and added some space where there shouldn't be any.


If someone can help me RX this, there's something sweet coming in the mail to you.   ( Fixed thanks to Jen.)


AND... from time to time some of you email me to say that you're having trouble posting comments.  Comments at the end of my blog posts really boost my self esteem at the end of  the day.  I recently made a change to my Blogger comment form to make it easier(?).  If you have any feedback on whether leaving a comment on my blog has been working/not working for you, please leave a comment (oh, the irony).  From those of you who take the time to do so, I will randomly draw a winner for another little package of sweets in the mail.

Thank you all!

11 comments:

Vanilla said...

I know what you mean when you say that comments boost your self esteem. It really does. It also gives you the perception tnat you're not alone in your craftyness and that it is worth while doing it, even though you don't show, or sell or anything. Yeayyyyy for Blogs!!!! (smile)

Jen said...

The blank space is from you Google AdSense Code. Assuming you can edit your template code directly you need to delete the section that starts with div class='inline-ad' and ends with /div (deleting the start and end div tags as well.) There should be angle brackets around those tags but the comment form won't let me put them in.

Jen said...

Following up on the comment I just left, this actually explains how to remove adsense code: http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42535

That's what you need to do.

Suzee said...

Sorry to hear you are having problems.. hope they get fixed soon as it bugs me to tears when something don't go my way! lol... I am having problems with Blogger posting my posts right when I post them! grrrr sometimes it takes 3 days to post!

Callin and Kristen said...

I have never had a problem commenting. Good luck with the big white space removal!

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

comment form works well for me!
ps. I LOVE your blog!

MuMu said...

can't help you with blog stuff, but I just wanted you to know I've been following your blog for about a year now and I just love your clothes and tips! I have 2 boys so I don't do much seing for them, but I do get to make cute girlie clothes for my nieces! Thank you and keep up the great work!

Nome said...

I have that problem too sometimes. Once every picture I would upload would add many lines of space...luckily I could just backspace to clear them but sometimes I would not notice until after I posted it. I'm going at finding the backwards or simple way to fix things!

Woosterwoo said...

I'm sorry I can't help with the blank white space... I haven't ventured into the world of blogging as my 18 months old twins rarely let me sit down to the laptop.

Love your blog and have tried to comment before but get all sorts of bother when I click publish so here's hoping : )

Caren said...

Sounds like your previous commenters have given you some good help. That's great, because I have about 8 comments (total) on my blog (ok, so I only have 5 followers!). Anyway, I haven't had any problems commenting in the past (hopefully this one will work, too!).

Lindsey said...

Seems to be working okay for me! :) I'm glad you got the space issue worked out... nothing gives me that sick feeling like your blog going all wonky! lol