Pages

17 July 2011

"Why Don't We Have Any Juice?!"

The Mister recently returned from a 10-day pleasure trip cruising around the U.S. on a Harley Davidson.  While he was away, it rained.  Often.  My nearest relative lives more than 2,000 miles away.  I have a job to go to/ the little kid had a fever/ the big kid had a bunch of places to be/ the lawn needed mowing/ the kiddos needed feeding - you mothers know how those 10-day stints alone go.  Mr. Dork came home in the middle of the night.  The next morning I'm in the kitchen, dressed for work, feeding the children, yadda yadda yadda and he says to me "Why don't we have any juice?"  Actually, he may have said "Honey, why don't we have any juice", but he'd sealed his fate all the same.

The man knows I work for a divorce law firm.  Why does he ask lethal questions like that?

Men.  There is a vas deferens between us.

13 comments:

Jen@thecraftingfiend said...

your vas deferens joke made me laugh.

wackywoman said...

He must have a death wish.

sharona said...

LOL!!

Kristy said...

:) :) :) Thank you for the lovely chuckle!!! Oh my how I understand too! Mars/Venus....seriously!

Kristy said...

Another thing....why is it you never hear of mom taking a 10-day stint? I think we should totally plan a 10 day sewing getaway somewhere wonderful! ;)

kc said...

ROF! Lucky you *didn't* have any juice - he' probably be wearing it! Honestly, I just don't know how otherwise intelligent men can come up with the stupidest of remarks.

I second Kristy's idea!! Let's make like trees and leaf!

Nome said...

Oh, yes. Those comments are fun. Glad you made it through. When are you going on a 10 day pleasure trip alone? ;)

Turtlegurl said...

Ha ha! And yes, I've done a few of those 10 day, sometimes 10 week stints. Uggh.

Angela Pea said...

LOL!!! Yes, they are men, and that's the way their brains work.

PT_Sarah said...

I don't know how you didn't execute him on the spot! LOL

TracyKM said...

LOL!! My husband doesn't go away (usually), but used to work very long days, and I'd get the same sort of comments...if I cleaned (wash floors, toilets, windows, etc), he'd ask why I hadn't put away the laundry. Oy. No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes....but it's tempting!

Attilio said...

the first and best laugh of the day. am pouring you a big glass of juice (grape with alcohol to be exact) to cheers you with...
becky
bpbajona at maltanet dot net

Meg the Grand said...

Oh no he didn't! Brave brave soul... I give you major props girlfriend for being such a trouper!