Pages

31 July 2011

Strawberry Jam For Cheaters

It's the height of summer and our gardens are full and green.

Our growing season is short here (110 days), so we don't have the luxury of staggering many plantings, which means sometimes everything is ripe at once.  Like hundreds of strawberries.

So I've got to make strawberry jam.

I used to can fruit the laborious way (boiling/sealing/scalding my fingers), but a couple of years ago I found this at the grocery store.  You prepare the jam in about 15 minutes and then freeze it.  No heat sealing/sterilizing required!

I'll be back for the winter vegetables in another month.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I love freezer jam! I find it tastes fresher than regular cooked jam. Where did you find your freezer jam powder? I've looked all over and haven't found any. I've been using the regular certo recipe but it requires so much sugar.
Thanks!!

Jenny said...

Yum! That looks wonderful! :)