Pages

07 July 2011

Photos of the Inside of My Car (And a Dress)



Welcome to the interior of my car + the Lilac Dress.

Lilacs are blooming this month in my neighbourhood.  Why do they only last for a couple of weeks?  They're so pretty that I thought I'd immortalize them in a dress.  I was trying to figure out how to make a cross over dress front, but I thought it turned out to be too plain (below).  So I embroidered (badly) some little lilacs at the chest.  It still didn't wow me.


I hummed and hawed for a couple of days then came up with the idea of adding a ruffle to the neckline.

Now I'm smiling.

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Lovely! And I adore the little stitched lilacs...those are the sweet touches that make it extra special and unique! :)

Lynne said...

Cute! I love the ruffle!

Laurie Anne said...

Positively Perfect! Yup! I'm still around..but barely :)
sending hugs!

Attilio said...

me likey this dress. actually i want to know how to make a cross over top for my size!!!!(keep the girls comfly too;-p)
i do like the frill, makes it more girly. and the lilacs too.
good job as my 5yr old little man would say!
becky

bpbajona at maltanet dot net

cookieandclaire said...

Can I just tell you that you are one of my favorite gals because you don't make me "like 300" other random site on facebook to enter a giveaway that you have. Don't ever change! Cute dress - love the ruffle collar!
Love,
Cookie and Claire

mamaTAVE said...

I've been attending school and missing your giveaways... booooo! Now that my long days and late nights are over, I will try to pay more attention. So sad I missed that cute owl fabric. I assume it's from a Canadian store. I'll have to keep my eyes open around here for loveliness like that.
I think you did a wonderful job on the emroidery of this dress, and the ruffle definitely is a cute touch!

bec @ smallbirdie.com said...

love it! very cute

TracyKM said...

Lilacs are one of my favourite flowers and bloom at the end of May/first week of June here in Southern Ontario. I've never seen a lilac tree like in your picture though, that's awesome.
I also really like the dress, very sweet but not over the top at all :)