Pages

10 June 2011

Victoria's Secret Knockoff Shirt

Don't worry, it's not a post for children's clothes. Wouldn't that be creepy? 

image:  Victoria's Secret
This is an easy shirt to make from an existing long sleeved shirt of your own.
Cut off the sleeves (leaving about a half- inch to hem and turn under so you don't have fraying armpits).  Stitch in place.
Cut the sleeves into strips about 4 inches wide.  These will form your sleeve ruffles.
Ruffles the strips and apply two layers. Big ruffles like Victoria's Secret:
Or little ones to fit under a blazer:
(Notice how the ruffles stop just before the underarm. Ruffles under the arm wouldn't be too comfy methinks).

12 comments:

Brandi said...

That is CUTE!

Ellyn said...

fabulous. I can just see myself reworking all my long sleeved blouses now. Guess I'll be buying new ones next winter, heehee

Jenn Girl said...

Very cute! Great job!

Gina said...

very cute, i have to try!

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

Love it! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

Meg the Grand said...

This looks fantastic! I love your new refashioned top :)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

As always, great job on this! Shirts are such wonderful garments to refashion.
I also wanted to say that I found your 50 skirts post so inspiring.

WobiSobi said...

this is so great. LOVE it. !!

phalloeun @ growing grandbergs said...

Another great reason to go to the thrift stores! Thank you!

Michelle said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! LOVE IT!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

cute shirt! Love that you stopped and didn't go underneath the arm - all I can think of is ruffled sweat stains...lol. Great refashion :)

MixeDesigns Lab said...

Great idea! fantastic!