Pages

08 June 2011

50 Vintage Sheet Skirts

 
 
  I'm Christmas crafting in June.
Each year, I donate something to the "Children's Only" store at the Waldorf School's Winter Faire. If you've never had the pleasure of going, everything in the store is handmade and donated by crafty mommas for the children to purchase for themselves or for gift giving. My good friend is in charge of the store and recruited me years ago to donate. The only drawback - they like to have at 50 of each item on offer so that all the children who line up for the store get a fair chance.  (And every year, they manage to sell out).

This year I'm aiming for 50 vintage sheet skirts.  I know, 50 is kind of a lofty goal, but last year I managed 25 aprons.  I have all my spoils from that church rummage sale I went to back in April to use for the project.

Who doesn't love a little vintage?

7 comments:

Jennifer S said...

Awesome idea:) They are so cute! I have GOT to learn how to sew! I can knit skirts but I can't sew them:(

Melissa said...

so cute! where do you find such cute sheets?

Kristy said...

These are beautiful! And I bet you are able to get 'em done too! :) Can't wait to see pics!

Resweater said...

Those skirts are adorable! I want one for myself ;) ! You are so generous... 50 skirts is a lot of work!

Jenn Girl said...

Beautiful skirts! I just recently bought some vintage sheets and I might try to make a skirt!

Emily Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful! I might just have to make one for my little girly!

VSTERS HOBBY said...

OK this brought a flash of memories... I had those white flower sheets in pink! Love new ideas. Thanks!