Pages

16 April 2011

Simple Skirts

Did you see Dana's tutorial last week at Made for these simple skirts?  I liked them so much that I made three.


 This design makes the skirt fully lined so it would be ideal for lightweight or see-through fabrics.
The fairy print is a former Ikea duvet cover.  My eldest had it when she was a little girl.  I love it on clothing!
Dana's tutorial shows you how to make the skirt with or without bias tape on the hem.  I'm definitely a with girl.
Dressing our kids these days is way more colorful than when I was growing up.  I found this horror in one of my vintage Simplicity Fashion magazines from a recent rummage sale:
I always say if you are new to sewing, skirts are great learning material.  They're just rectangles sewn with straight lines and very easy to alter if you make a mistake.  Hurray for spring skirts!
 

8 comments:

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Love those spring skirts. That Ikea print is very sweet. That magazing is also very fun. I really like the bolero / vest on the middle model.

Kristy said...

Cute! Cute!

Ooty said...

love her tutorial =D when ever I see them I go right away and make it he he, so I did made few skirts as well (without though =))
your prints are lovely, and skirts looking great.

Nancy's Couture said...

I have that tutorial bookmarked. Now I think I'm gonna make a couple today! I love the blue and white one. And I'm a with girl,too.

Hatchet Hollie said...

Those are awesome and look super easy! I think it's time to bust out the sewing machine!!!!

mamaTAVE said...

What a great reuse idea for the duvet! I was going to ask where you found the fairy fabric... Cute. Spring Break began today and I've already begun to tackle my huge mending pile. Perhaps I will have time to create something new, too. (I have a weird obsession with making my own bias tape...) Thanks for the inspiration.

cookieandclaire said...

Well done as always. My favorite is the blue and white one!

Kathie said...

This makes me wish I had a girl to sew for... I'm not a skirt person. :)