Pages

22 April 2011

On Getting a Well Lit Photo

When you put all that effort into making a garment or craft, you deserve the best photos to show it off.  When I first started blogging, I didn't realize the importance of a well lit photo, but I am trying to improve.  I wanted to share a simple way to create a back drop for an outdoor photo.
Step one:  the clothesline:  if you have a fence or balcony, suspend any type of string between the boards to create a small clothesline.
Step two:  drape some fabric or a sheet over the fence/balcony to create a neutral backdrop.   
 Step three:  take your photo.
Anytime of year, outdoor photos provide the best light for my taste.  This way, you can change the backdrop to coordinate with your crafts. 


3 comments:

mommypants13 said...

Thanks for the tips I agree tis always better to try taking pictures outside, the natural sun works way better then trying to take them indoors (I guess if I had fancy photo equipment it might be easier
mommypants13@gmail.com
http://mommypants13@gmail.com

Ellyn said...

very clever! I also try to take my photos outside whenever possible but had not thought to drape a backdrop

Lynne said...

I've been trying to work on my photography skills as well. I love the last skirt you showed. Beautiful!!