Pages

31 March 2011

Mend and Make Do Pillowcase Pyjamas


I have a small stash of vintage pillowcases with cheery prints, just like the ones my grandma's beds used to have.
  I'm sure when it was time to recycle, she made her daughters pyjamas.
How sweet are these little birds?
This pillowcase had a pinkish hue to it (I'll bet somebody's grandpa did the laundry and threw in the reds with the whites).  There was just enough fabric to make a long top for a three year old.  I paired it with some pink linen to make bloomers and finished them with pillowcase bias tape.
We still have mounds of snow here, but if summer ever makes an appearance, Little V can sleep tight in these.
Check out my friend Melissa's blog Until Wednesday Calls today.  Melissa is giving away this beautiful fat quarter vintage sheet bundle in conjunction with the Vintage Sheet Blog.

8 comments:

Ellyn said...

adorable! I love repurposed vintage fabrics. Very sweet

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

These are adorable!! love the bloomers.

Nancy's Couture said...

They are so cute! I love the vintage fabrics!

cookieandclaire said...

Vintage sheets and pillowcases are so much softer than the sheets we have these days! Perfect for comfy pajamas. Love it!

April said...

Cute!!!

Bless by Tone said...

wow - the little birdie fabric is so cute - love what you made of it. Tone

Melissa said...

You should check out my post for today, I am giving away a vintage sheet fat quarter bundle. :)
Also, I love your new sidebar. Nicely done!

viento said...

Oh how I love these! I too have used a number of vintage sheets and pillow cases to make pj's for my kids but none as adorable as these! You have inspired me as it's that time again. Everyone has grown and new pj's are needed for all. I still have a few cute sheets from yesteryear in my stash (no cute birdies though:( Thank you for this wonderful post!