Pages

10 March 2011

Caterpillars

This month No Big Dill is rounding up storybook inspired projects on her blog.  My daughter's daycare is also exploring children's stories and nursery rhymes this month.  Monday was Very Hungry Caterpillar day. I made Little V this outfit (which she refuses to wear, but I *heart* it anyway).
I used the Sepa Designs Ruffled Jacket pattern again.  The jacket is reversible, so on the inside I made a little caterpillar who morphs into a butterfly.
I found this Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric at our local quilt shop.  I love the bright green and white for spring. 
Are you storybook inspired lately too?

7 comments:

Kristy said...

OH I LOVE IT TOO!!! Super sweet!

Laura said...

I ADORE it!!! So great! Why did she refuse to wear it? (when my daughter was two she decided she would only wear dresses so I totally understand!)

The Cottage Mama said...

That is adorable!! I love the little coat - such sweet little details all around :-).

Lindsay

Debbie said...

I cannot believe how cute that is!! LOVE IT!!

Sepa said...

It's so cute. The inside caterpillar and butterfly are adorable! Lovely

Casey said...

You always find the BEST fabric! I love the caterpillars!!!! Heck...I'd wear that outfit, if I was the size of a little girl still.

NestBliss said...

i can't believe either that she won't wear it my daughter loves that book and would think she was awesome if she had the characters on her legs!