Pages

21 February 2011

The Lili Dress by ManiMina Pattern Review

This is a pattern I'll be using over and over.
Image ManiMina
Unfortunately, V didn't want to model today.
She has jam smeared on her face and her lovely necktie has come undone.
But allow me to rave about this pattern.  It's by Brooklyn designer ManiMina who sells her pdf patterns on Etsy for about. $5 each.  This dress is called the Lili Dress.  It has only two pattern pieces: the sleeve and the front/back.  So simple!  There are options for a belt and belt loops (first picture) and varying collar heights.  I love the one below! 
Image ManiMina
I made a size 4T dress and it used only one yard of fabric. The design is very simple; I was probably done in under an hour.  The pattern is available in sizes 12 mos. to 4T and in pdf format.  The only thing I will change next time is to add a little more roominess around the shoulders.  V is quite lean, and I find the dress a fairly slim fit.  To add more give in this area, simply cut the front and back bodice pattern pieces each one inch wider.
You can find this dress pattern and others at the ManiMina Etsy shop.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for linking us up, I love to find reasonably priced, stylish patterns like this!

Kristy said...

p.s. I also love the real life, jam kissed cheeks! ;)

Knitaholictoo said...

so cute!

Mama Lusco said...

I made this one recently, too. I love the style but had trouble with the fit under the arms...glad yours turned out so well!

Asia said...

Asia Indusrtries is one of the leading garments manufacturers, wholesale suppliers and exporters in Delhi. We are a renowned manufacturer and exporters ofgarment buttons suppliers in India.

NestBliss said...

I love V!