Pages

21 January 2011

While The Cat's Away...

Mr. Dork took the Littles on vacation for a whole week recently.   I had 10,080 minutes all to my big self. His instructions to me were to rest, relax, see your friends, and don't paint anything

Pshhhhaw.
The driveway wasn't even cold yet and I was repainting this sofa table for Little V's room. It was formerly cream with green trim and ho-hum wooden knobs. Now it's glossy white (I put so much laquer on the darned thing I can see Bunny's reflection) and check out these pretty butterfly knobs I got at Michaels in the dollar section:

    An elegant bit of plastic, no?


Cheapy artwork - this is fabric (Ikea) stapled over a wooden frame I made (hardware store - two pieces of pine which they cut to size for free).
 Okay, so you can't see the wooden frame at all, but you get the point.

 I painted one of the fuschia walls white to brighten things up.  Four foot tall vinyl decal from the dollar store:  $2.00!
My wallet is happy.

9 comments:

Neisha said...

you're awesome!! I love the table and vinyl decal but the fabric print is so cool!! I love bright colors. great idea too :)

Fawn and Flower said...

Where did they go? I would go nuts! A whole week alone... I can't even imagine. You did an amazing job on her room! What did she say?? I love the butterflies!

Myrnie said...

I've never seen vinyl decals at the dollar store...I think I need to go back soon! :) This turned out so cute!

Attilio said...

ooooh isnt little v a lucky girlie to have a mummy like you....;-)) love how it all came together....you deserve a star, mummy...
becky

Katie said...

Wow - what a treat to have some time to yourself. The results are great!

Jessie K said...

I love it! I always seem to miss the good deals, tho! :P

viento said...

love it! I so wish that I could have that many minutes with out my children! It will be a long time coming before I get that though lol.

Ellyn said...

OMG you need to check out an old post of mine http://ellynsplace.blogspot.com/2009/09/gameroom-makeover.html I did the SAME THING with that IKEA print! Too cool, your room looks great

cookieandclaire said...

I love your husband's instructions for you while ge was going to be gone! Did you have a bad painting experience in the past?
The room looks great!