Pages

31 January 2011

"Mom I'm Going To the Office"

My crap craft room was beginning to look like an episode of Hoarders.  While Mr. Dork and the Littles were away recently, I gave it a good Mary Poppins-type clean up.
And while I was repainting some furniture
I fixed up Little V with her own office in my workspace.  The desk was an unloved, $5.00 thrift store find.  I gave it some fresh white paint and new knobs plus some vinyl shelf paper for the top.
(I scored that stool at Ikea months ago.) 
I loaded up those drawers with craft supplies. I was thinking that *maybe* I could have six minutes uniterrupted if she had her own space to raid instead of mine.  I didn't know how the whole thing would fly with a two year old, but she actually quite likes it.
Because I gave her
button jars of her own. 
Now she likes to tell me, "Mom, I'm going to the office!"

  



7 comments:

Resweater said...

That's so sweet! As soon as I have my office/sewing room, i'll have to make a corner for my son :)

Nancy's Couture said...

Awww! What a great idea!!! When I get a craft room instead of the kitchen table (hopefully soon) I am definately going to do that!!!

Mama Lusco said...

Looks great! Very clever to give V her own desk :)

inday_adin said...

That is so sweet! I wish my craftroom will be organized soon. My goodness! So much to do. :)

Adin B

Farah Muzaffar said...

So cute post... and by doing this you awaken her abilities for doing something special... very lovely
Hope you would like to spare a little bit of your time for me sure you will enjoy
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Crystal Arcand (3Stairs) said...

So love it! What girl wouldn't be thrilled with her very own button jars? I have 3 (or 4) myself. ;)

NestBliss said...

what is it about buttons?? My two year old is also fascinated by them. How fun the little desk is!