Pages

23 December 2010

A Dress to Rival the Christmas Tree

Talk about a loud print (Michael Miller). I totally love it - the colors and the design. I made a dress to rival any dressed up Christmas tree.

For fun, I detached the bottom of the hem, added a strip ruffled on both ends, and reattached the hem.  In retrospect, this technique might have been better featured on a solid colored dress, but I'm a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants sewer.

Little V hasn't tried it on yet; I'm hoping it hangs well.  30 years from now we'll look back at Christmas photos and laugh you dressed me in that?!

4 comments:

So Bella said...

I love that print on that dress! So cute!

mean green mom said...

Beautiful! My little ones Christmas Dress this year is made from the SAME fabric- its so pretty and festive :)
I really like the bottom ruffle/bubble. Looks great.

Ellyn said...

fabulous! wish my girlies were still little so I could dress them like that (teenagers would probably not agree to it!)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

It's beautiful.