Pages

23 November 2010

A Post About Socks

This was going to be a post about using kids' socks and clothespins to make an old-time advent calendar

But my toddler got involved.  She thought we needed more socks.

"one...two...three...forty-eleven...seventeen...four..."

I gave up and strung her her own clothesline between two kitchen chairs.

What was I thinking?  The advent calendar won't last a day around here.

The old adage:  why buy toys when they'll just play with what you have in the house?

7 comments:

LB3K said...

Hahahahahahaaaaa!

Lisa B. said...

Ahhhhh, she's so cute. Hope this kept her occupied for a while for you. ;)

Cecilia said...

Haha, she is adorable.

I´m your newest follower. I hope you can visit my blog sometime.

www.soteitei.blogspot.com

mamaTAVE said...

I love it! Is (was) your plan to take down a sock each day? I might have to "borrow" this idea... ;-)

Angela Pea said...

What a cool idea! I'm wondering how it would look with Teen Sons' athletic socks? LOLOL - not nearly as cute as Miss V's socks! Perhaps a trip to the dollar store for tiny Christmas socks is in order...

ottomania said...

Your wee girl is so cute. Thanks for sharing. That is something quick and easy I can put together amongst all the sewing/daily happenings chaos that is our house.

Melody said...

My daughter and I were just talking about the time her little brother (then probably 5 or so) used two packages of dental floss to tie himself and the dog into the bathroom. There was floss tied to everything with a pertrubance (is that a word?) in the bathroom. It hasn't been that long since I finally pulled that last piece from the drawer knob.