Pages

17 October 2010

The Holiday Outfit - Sew What Week 2 Challenge


The Week 2 Sew What Challenge was a holiday outfit.  The littlest member of the family gets this one.  The top is a recycled Village Frock that I made V when she was one.


Dana over at Made had this great idea to decorate her frock with one of these Sheryl Rae Marquez paper dolls.  V is of the age where cute things appeal to her (say, more than a plain linen dress), so I've copied Dana's idea almost exactly.


Add a little kitty on the back:

The dress was too short to be a dress anymore, so I added a pair of double ruffled pants make an outfit.


If you made something, either Week One or Week Two, upload your photos to my Flickr page so I can show them off in a future post (link on the right sidebar - click the colorful dress photo).

We're taking a little Sew What hiatus for Halloween, but will be back in a couple of weeks to show off the Week 3 Challenge:  A Stocking or Toy.  That gives me a some time to get creative!

Stop by my co-conspirator Melissa's blog to see what she made this week.

13 comments:

The Cottage Mama said...

Ok, now that is so stinkin adorable!! Great job - always love a cute frock. The colors and applique are perfect for your little ones. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay

Melissa said...

Cynthia that is just gorgeous! I love everything about it, the recycled smaller size, the colours the appliques, really really nice!

LB3K said...

I love that with the ruffle pants! Too cute.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Love everything about it Cynthia! It says waiting for Santa, or something like that. Absolutely precious.

Tere said...

That is adorable as is the little beautiful model!

Donna said...

I have soooo got to make a pair of those pants. Can you share where the pattern is from? While you are at it, I would like to give the top a go too! LOL!
Donna

Mama Lusco said...

Darling!

The Sewing Dork said...

Donna, I just made up the pants pattern as I went, but they were super easy. I'll see if I can do a tutorial.

Je t'aime said...

I love this outfit! Yes on the tutorial please!

handmadebaby said...

I love the gathered detail at the sleeves and neckline! Is there a special name for that technique?

Thanks,
Erin

Patty said...

So, so cute!

The Sewing Dork said...

handmadebaby, there isn't a special name for the gathering details - you are absolutely correct that it is acres of fabric gathered into small bindings. The pattern (out of print) is Sugar City's Village Frock.

Ramirez said...

It looks so victorian with the sleeves and buttons. What an adorable outfit. Nice job!