Pages

28 October 2010

The Halloween Costume She's Not Wearing


I wish I could have got a snapshot of Little V in the Halloween costume I made her, but she informs me she's not wearing it.


Nope, no gorgeous bell sleeves for her.


No fancy-girl trims.

I suspected she wouldn't want to wear it (she's two afterall), but Big Sister is dressing up in the Alice gown, so I thought V might follow suit.  Anyway, I made this one a couple of sizes bigger for dress up.  I know those days are coming.

But what does V want to be this year for Halloween? 
A button. 
Back to the drawing board for that one.

9 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

A button...who would've thought! I adore the gown you made, she will definately want to use it for dress up or may still change her mind. My kids changed their minds right up to an hour before..it was quite frustrating really.

Melissa said...

A button?! I love it! Easy peazy! Love the dress you made too. Wow mama you never fail to impress that is for sure! The silver trim and lace is just gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Too funny! Beautiful dress.

Bumble Baybees said...

I love an independent thinker.. a button... of course! Why would any child want to wear what their mom already made for them?? Post of picture of the button it should be fuN!!!

Celeste said...

That is a beautiful dress. Maybe she'll change her mind and wear it after all.

Resweater said...

A button? That is too cute!

Casey said...

That is the best! A button! Who wouldn't want to be a button, they're shiny and come in a lot of neat shapes and keep your clothes on. :) I adore that dress. Beautiful!

Rachel said...

Thank you for posting this. My little girl refuses to wear the costume I made her, as well. She insisted on wearing a thread bare ballerina costume from the dress up box for her preschool party.

NestBliss said...

My two year old didn't want to wear her ladybug wings but when I mentioned that she could have a skittle if she put them on and then people would put more candy in her bag if she kept them on she went along for a whole hour ;)