Pages

25 August 2010

The Back of the Mermaids

Back...
Back...
Back...
Turning...
Front!

Whew!  Sometimes it's a heck of a lot of effort to get a good photo.

The weather is turning cooler here, so I was inspired to do a little back to school sewing.  A true 1970's knock-off:  a peasant dress, widened at the sides and  an above-the-knee hem.  And it's brown. Yep.  The same brown Mom made me wear all throughout my childhood.  Funny how I'm drawn to it now but despised it then.

The blog Penny Carnival is having a Back-To-School Sew Along from now until mid-September with a prize (who doesn't love a prize?)  The details are HERE.   It's as easy as making something in the spirit of Back To School and posting a picture on their Flickr page.  Even I can commit to that.  The blog has a wonderful round up of great patterns for inspiration, all of them insanely cute (Warning:  hazardous to the wallet).


6 comments:

Dree said...

I LOVE that fabric, I haven't seen the brown before. Darling dress, darling girl.

Megan said...

Oh, my! Is that the cutest thing or what? The dress and the sweet pea. Thanks for participating in the sew along and posting a link, Cynthia.

Sally said...

Too right! Taking a good photo of those never still creatures can be a lot of work... but well worth it in the end.
Great dress!

Susan said...

Very sweet!

Andrea said...

Very cute! And yes, sometimes getting good photos is so difficult!!!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

miss starlene said...

I want that dress for me!!!