Pages

24 July 2010

Dip Dyed Mod Dress

A while back, I wrote a post about dying some clothes yellow using I-Dye (a few of you asked where I got it:  at Dharma Trading online).
I made this pinafore that needed something underneath...
So I got two dresses out of the deal.  I made a simple white peasant dress and dip dyed the bottom yellow.
Yes.  I said bottom.
(She's wearing the dress backwards with the seam going up the front and boots on the wrong feet.  Sheesh, models!)
The white fabric has a flower pattern in it.  The dye took deeply on the flowers and lightly on the background.
I made the elastic at the neck shorter than usual which gave it a higher neckline.
Now I've got the pinafore look...
...and when she gets too hot or too dirty or just feels like peeling her clothes off a-la-toddler, the dip dyed mod dress beneath.
 


7 comments:

LB3K said...

So very cute! I love how the flowers picked up more of the color than the rest-- too cool! I had my first experience dying this past week-- SO much fun!

Tracy said...

Very cute!

Craftmaker said...

Hi! I am a new follower! I love your tutorials, I might do one of them soon.
Hope you can visit my blog

Maria from:
http://mycurrenthobby.blogspot.com/

Resweater said...

That turned out so cool! Your daughter gets more adorable each photo shoot :)

Evi Andrews said...

That is very cute. I saw you said that she was wearing the dress backwards. She can pull it off cause she's sticking with it since her shoes are on the wrong feet too :)

I just found your blog, made a few of the ruffled diaper covers and I love them. Thank you for sharing your tutorials with us.

陳佑發 said...

融會貫通的智慧,永遠不會被遺忘。..................................................

jaya pratheesh said...

aww that is the sweetest idea EVER! looks really fresh and childlike, without any ruffling and buttoning and whatnot. LOVE the mod dress!