Pages

10 June 2010

The Senseless Beauty Bag

Melissa and I are done our bags early this week so we thought we'd do a little round of show and tell.
Week Two's Sew What challenge: a bag with words.

I stamped my favorite quote on twill tape: Random Acts of Kindness

The inner pocket has the remainder of the quote:

I have been hoarding this fabulous Alexander Henry fabric for just this purpose.

I needed a little clutch for my keys and lip balm, so I gathered two more fabrics I love and made this:
The inside is a journal print. I think it's lovely.
I'm no whiz with denim, so I'll be sticking to cotton for the rest of my Sew What projects this month.

If you took the Sew What challenge too, upload your photos to my Flickr page for all the world to see, or email them to me and I'll post them here in a few days.

Tutorials for the bag and the clutch can be found on my blog here and here.
Wondering what the Week Three challenge is? Me too. Melissa is the brains behind the next one.

See what Melissa made here:

5 comments:

Laura Gerencser said...

They are both awesome!!!

jackveronic said...

過去的事早已消失,未來的事更渺不可知,只有現在是真實的..............................

Chartreuse Moose said...

Cute! How happy that tote will make you each time you look at it! Cheery colors & fabrics!

Melissa said...

What I love most about this challenge is how absolutely different each piece can turn out. Each of these are gorgeous! I cannot wait to see the other entrants!

BhimiBlog said...

Hi, I'm relatively new to your blog. Love it, and like both bags, but what is the outer fabric on the clutch!? It's wonderful!