Pages

26 June 2010

Carry It Sew What Challenge Reveal

My toddler loves to carry her toys. This shirt from Speeses is a favorite for carrying her lovies around.
So I made a similar-only-different styled pocket shirt.





Where were the fabric gods when I was a kid?  I'd have given my right testicle for some of this Japenese linen when I was four years old.  Instead, my mom dressed me in some lovely brown polyester numbers.  You too?

This week's Sew What theme was Carry It. What did you make to tote your stuff? Email your photos to Melissa or I or post your photos on the Sewing Dork Flickr showcase for all the world to see. I will be showcasing some of your creations in an upcoming post. Thanks for playing, and stay creative!

9 comments:

Karin van D. said...

Cute, I love that fabric. I think my mother found all kinds of pink for me when I was a child. Oh yes, pink. Lots of pink. And the occasional yellow and brown combinations, ofcourse. You are born in the seventies or you are not ;-)

(Euhm, by the way, your prize is being made, really! Sorry it's taking a little time. There was some sickness and ..well... kid's stuff.. that kept distracting me and slowing me down. But you will get it. Soon. I promise! xx)

Tracy said...

I made a cheap-mamma's version of a moby wrap. it actually has no sewing involved at all. :) But, I still made it. And it carries babies.

Casey said...

Oh wow I love that! I'll have to try to make one of those and try to find some awesome fabric like you have.

Melissa said...

That is indeed some beautiful fabric. And outfit too, how wonderful. I'll be posting mine tomorrow due to some technical difficulties.

Lydia said...

How fun! I have never seen a shirt like this before. When I was a child we had "bunny hugs" (more commonly known as hoodies) but nothing to carry a little stuffy inside of.
There were a lot of neon colours when I was younger - happily not too much polyester, we had lycra and spandex...

王婷珊 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼.................................................................

Pacokeco said...

omg - I love this! The Marsupial Shirt. I could use one myself, but I don't need any more emphasis in that region, if you know what I mean. That fabric is delish!

Pacokeco said...

Btw...also lovin' the new look of your blog!

Christine said...

That is AWESOME! Thank you for sharing the link with me!
What is the name of that fabric, I LOVE it! My little girls would love it too!
SO many of the Japanese prints are just so cute, I wish they weren't so much!