Pages

13 June 2010

A Book Bag (Literally) and Week Three Sew What Challenge

Here is a book bag that I made for my best friend's birthday last week. I saw the idea on someone else's blog (but where? have you seen it too?). The creator took the time to embroider the titles of her books... can you imagine the work of love that would be? My own forays into embroidery have been disasterous, so once again I put my rubber stamps to work.

I added the titles of books that my friend and I have both enjoyed since we met in grade school ... I could have filled the front and back, there have been so many good ones!



Now on to the Week Three Sew What challenge:

A Pillow/Doorstop Home Decor Item
1. Work with your chosen fabric plus one other fabric of any kind;
2. Choose any kind of filling;
3. The challenge is to incorporate reverse applique;
4. For extra credit, incorporate some coasters.


Coasters?! Reverse applique! This will be a challenge for me indeed.

When your item is done, email it to one of us for showing off, or upload it to the Sewing Dork Flickr group (link always on my right sidebar - just click the colorful dress). Be creative, have fun and Sew What?