Pages

30 May 2010

Join Us : Sew What? Sew Along - Week One

Melissa of Until Wednesday Calls and I thunk up a sew along for the month of June. It's called Sew What? and it goes like this:
Each week we'll name a theme and a list of the materials you can use to make your item. This week's theme is recycled denim skirt (for you or anyone else) with or without applique. Melissa and I are limiting ourselves to two fabrics max. for the applique but if you have to break the
(non) rules, have at 'er. This is supposed to be creative and fun!


You've got all week to sew your skirt. Once you're done, please add your creations to my Sewing Dork Flickr Showcase and show off your talent. Melissa and I will do the big reveal each Sunday, and throughout the month we'll be posting your work on our blogs.
Week two's challenge will be announced next Sunday!
In the meantime, grab a button if I (a self-confessed techno dork) can upload this correctly:

Sheesh, go see Melissa for a button!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Wonderful! I just got paint on my 1 jean skirt (I was too lazy to go change=p) So this is perfect=)

Deci said...

Great, I have a whole box of Jeans with beads and stuff on the legs. I'll have fun with this! Thanks for the inspiration. (I guess that quilt will just have to wait.)

Barb said...

oh fun! Last week I just recycled two pairs of jeans for a skirt and purse.

Big Mama said...

Ooh! What a great idea! I've got tons of my husbands jeans (he's so hard on them that the seams rip before the jeans are worn out) that I'd love to turn into something fun for myself! Maybe a maternity skirt...

Angela Pea said...

Yes!! I'm in!

mamaTAVE said...

Phew! I did it!
http://mamatave.blogspot.com/2010/06/something-for-me-sew-what.html