Pages

31 March 2010

Baby Bibs from Scraps

I've been saving the smallest fabric scraps and trying to use them frugally.


Use any baby bib you like as a template. Cut out one "backer" as above.


Lay out enough scraps to make a patchwork bib front. There is no wrong way to do this (my kind of craft!) Sew those scraps together.



Place your bib backer over the patchwork front with the good sides together. Pin in place, cut around the backer template, and stitch both pieces together leaving a small opening to turn right side out.


Once you've turned the bib right side out, iron then topstitch all around to hold the two layers in place. Fasten with either snaps or a small piece of velcro.


Button and ribbons are fun additions.


Spring is baby season... why not make a stack for a mommy friend?




11 comments:

Petite moi said...

Awwww this is soooo sweet, I wish I had a mommy friend to make it for (well, one who appreciates handmade anyway)...But sooner or later, right? :o)
Thanks for the idea, I love it!
Hugs, Erika

Laurie Anne said...

Another SCORE! Do you ever sleep? LOL... :)

Jodie said...

I think I'll be making a few of these. Great idea!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Tina said...

now I have another awesome gift to make and send to my sister, and all the other moms out there that I love to make and give stuff too!

Thank you!

玉鳳 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelle said...

Stop, stop STOP! You have got to stop giving me so many awesome ideas! My to do list is growing out of control!

Leslie and Melissa said...

This is too cute! I usually just clothes pin a cloth napkin around my daughter *blush* I've seen the light and vow to change my woeful ways =) Thanks for the idea!

Melissa

alexandra s.m. said...

Love your projects ;-)
so stylish! and you make everything look so easy and fun!
Thank you~

carmel said...

they are so sweet!
and just 2 hours ago, my baby {tom} used that cute bib i won from your giveaway!
and i was so proud and happy to feed him with style!

i love your bibs!

Darcie said...

i just found you on google. this is the perfect DIY that ive been looking for. I just taught myself to use a sewing machine and want to learn to make bibs for my kids. i might have figured it out on my own but i wanted to see someones ideas and i love this. Thanks for posting it... however long ago you did lol!
here's my blog:
www.myoverflowingheart.blogspot.com

Erika said...

Great DIY project. I found your blog from FolkHaven.

~Erika
It’s a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising