Pages

03 February 2010

Four Dollars Worth of Sunshine

Bear with me and my crooked pink ruffle... I'm having that kind of week.



Score one for the family economy this week: the dollar store had Land's End t-shirts for two dollars each! This is quite a scoop in Canada. I bought a rainbow:

And stitched up four dollars worth of sunshine.


The yellow skirt is the lower half of a size 7 child's tshirt (two bucks!).
Ditto the red shirt (two bucks!).
I used elastic thread to gather the shoulder straps. The pink portion and the blue ruffle on the skirt are scraps from another shirt I used to make this dress (free!)

This is the view from the front:


And the from the back. I'll probably never realign that pink ruffle. She moves so fast, no one will be able to tell.




10 comments:

Melanie said...

Ha ha ha, I wouldn't bother resewing the ruffle either. 'Cuz I'm like that! Cute outfit.

Angela Pea said...

Absolutely Adorable!!

And certainly a score...I love LE kids clothes; their Tees lasted long enough to become hand-me-downs with my kids.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I love me some ruffle bums!

Dorothy said...

So cute!!!!

Erin said...

Oh cute! Our Dollar Store has the exact same shirts. I'm going to put monkeys and robots on them... and secretly long for ruffles. *tiny sigh!*

Laurie Anne said...

Ruffly bums are the cutest! why do they have to outgrow it so quickly?? You are such a clever lady :)xx

Posie Patchwork said...

Can she 'can can' in that skirt, so cute!! Love Posie

Melissa said...

Ruffly bums! That is the exact inspiration I need! Thanks!

Cathy said...

Clever, cute and cost effective!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I thank you here.