Pages

01 February 2010

Lil Blue Boo / Dharma Trading Design Challenge Hoodie Dress


Ashley at Lil Blue Boo is hosting the Lil Blue Boo/ Dharma Trading Design Challenge on her blog. She does magical things to recycle existing clothes, so I bought her Recycled Tshirt Hoodie PDF pattern a couple of months ago. I'm a slacker. It sat and sat in my inbox - the design challenge was just the motivation I needed to break it out.

My version of the hoodie is a dress.
I lined the hood and added little circles to the faux drawstring:



Ashley's post here is one of the first I saw about freezer paper stencilling. I used freezer paper to stencil centers for the flowers. Ashley's paintings inspired me to try something freehand, so I used the pointy end of a pencil to draw some flowers and decorate them. I'm not the artist I wish I was, but I can say it's "unique".

Lastly, two different cuffs for mix-it-up fun. The pink cuff is really a cover-up for a gaffe... sometimes sewing's like that.



The design challenge is open until February 15th, so check out Ashley's site and get inspired.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

That is really cute, I love the flowers!

The Cottage Mama said...

Great job - I love the girliness factor! I've got my Sienna pattern - hoping to be able to enter something as well. So much to do.....so little time. Again, it's beautiful!!

Melissa said...

You have me intrigued. I like your touches too. I might have to purchase this pattern. Thanks for sharing!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

That adorable! You will be a definite contender!