Pages

13 December 2009

Scrappy Holiday Cards

This craft appeals to my kids because shiny brads are involved and it appeals to me because it keeps them busy for eleven minutes.

To make these scrappy tree cards, take a blank card and find two coordinating papers. From one paper, cut some "tree branches" and a little brown stem.

From the other paper, rip at an angle to create "snow" on the bottom of the card or "sky" at the top, or any background just for interest. Trim the tree branches so they are graduated in size and arrange them on your paper at slight angles. Glue into place.


Use a thumbtack, needle or pushpin to make holes on the end of each branch for the brads to push through. Your computer mousepad makes a wonderful pad for this.

Mix up a bunch of different brads and "decorate" the branches of the tree.
If you have crystals or stars, why not add them for fun? Kids are happy, I'm happy :)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I think it is so awesome when crafty moms pass on the obsession... I mean ...=) I'm already letting my girl play with my sewing scraps and she is not even a year=) Super cute card!

Laurie Anne said...

Very neat! Great idea! xx

MAB said...

Love the cards. Handmade cards are so special! I make my own too. Hope you can check them out.


http://persnicketypeacock.blogspot.com/2009/12/handmade-holiday-cards.html

Sally said...

This is a great idea! I am making these for part of my cards for next year (I already have this year's finished)...or, wait, I could make some little thank you notes with these!

Brianna Walling said...

Great idea...so simple but still beautiful!

From one crafter to another, thanks for sharing!

Nishant said...

Love the cards. Handmade cards are so special! I make my own too. Hope you can check them out.

Work from home India

Khris said...

Love the simplicity of these cards....thanks for sharing..I have put a link to you on my freebies blog if that's okay...Khris