Pages

27 December 2009

Fun With Olivia


Given the popularity of the name, chances are you've got an Olivia in your circle. When I saw these fabrics based on the Ian Falconer "Olivia" books, I had to splurge.

I've been fooling with mixing up pants, making the fronts and backs with coordinating fabrics like these pants I made for Little V:


And for a real Olivia that I know, pajama pants (freshly crumpled right out of the pyjama drawer). How cool to have your name written all over your clothes!

And last, a little layered skirt with velvet ribbon. It's pretty chilly here where I live (think 25 below chilly) so skirts don't get out of the closet much, but I think this would be cute over jeans:

It's my goal to do some post-holiday organizing this week and I know I have some more Olivia fabric floating around, so watch for a giveaway soon.

8 comments:

Resweater said...

I love it all, but especially that skirt! CUTE!

the cat whisperer said...

Don't you just love all the Olivia fabrics? I sewed an Olivia quilt for my oldest daughter, Madeline, and I couldn't get over all of the panels and prints. So adorable. The border was the best- it was Olivia doing little stretches, and it said "exercising is good, but accessorizing is better!"

Cee said...

Olivia fabric? That's too wonderful!!

BJ_Mama said...

So very CUTE! My hubby is reading the new "olivia" book to our daughter that she got for Christmas. How funny!

The Cottage Mama said...

SO cute! My 21 month old daughter Savannah just got the Olivia book for Christmas. We love reading it! I love the pants! You are very talented :-). Awesome job!!

Ashley said...

So cute! Maybe make some ruffle pants to go under those pants....like pantaloons ;) Or I think black and white striped leggings would rock it!

Angela Pea said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I'm thinking even my big girls would like some Olivia PJ's. Source for the fabric?

Casey said...

Olivia fabric!!! I MUST find some! My daughter just LOVES Olivia books, they also have a new cartoon show based on the books on Nickelodeon. We are big Olivia fans in this house :) Those are all sooooo cute. I just love the name Olivia...it was in our top 3 for our daughter but Allyson won out. If we have another...Olivia it will be for sure :)