Pages

05 October 2009

My 70's Obsession

I'm not quite done yet, but I'm working on a couple of 70's inspired floor length (kid's) dresses. My favorite elements from the period are the Juliet sleeves and the gorgeous tie-backs. Here's a glimpse of my first one:



I remember wearing these a lot as a kid, as I was certain I was Laura Ingalls reincarnated and these dresses were as close to the prairie as my wardrobe would take me. I wonder if I was actually climbing at the playground in one of these, or just standing still looking like a princess at recess? The latter is entirely possible. See my post below for more 70's attire dazzlement.

1 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

I had a dress very similar to this, with brown flowers on a cream background...yellow ribbons...I wanted a matching bonnet!
{I too wanted to BE Laura Ingalls Wilder}
I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this dress...my daughter is almost 10 and so NOT interested in dresses anymore :o(
Thanks for the sweet words you've been leaving on my blog.