Pages

11 October 2009

How to Make the Lined Pants Reversible


A few posts ago, I did a tutorial on how to make fleece-lined pants. According to my instructions, those ones were not reversible, but these ones are.


All that I've done differently here is the waistband. When cutting your two pairs of identical pants, cut one pair a couple of inches taller at the waistband. (In this case my flowery fabric is the taller of the two). When finishing the waistband, skip my step where you tack down the four seams. Instead, fold that longer/taller fabric over and hem it nicely, then fold it over again to make a casing for the elastic (on the outside of your opposite fabric). Why didn't I think of that the first time?
Now they are totally reversible. And I totally want a pair.



3 comments:

Anna said...

I love these! I can't wait to make some, it's getting so cold here already! Bring on the warm clothes. Thanks for the tute.

Laurie Anne said...

great tutorial! I plan to make these for my neice and nephew.

Ylime said...

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know how much I loved this tutorial and that I've not only used it but also blogged about it. http://emilyflippinmaruna.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/reversible-rabbits/
You'll notice I've also made a permanent link to it in my sidebar under Tutorials I've Used. Thanks so much!

Emily
The Handmade Experiment

ps. feel free to grab one of my buttons if you want to let people know your tutorial was featured. :)