Pages

26 September 2009

Little Birdie Blouse and Skirt Recycle

One last summer outfit post. I like the mix of blue, pumpkin and brown on this bird fabric. I used the same Sandi Henderson pattern that I raved about in an earlier post to make this peasant blouse.

Every blouse needs a partner right? Earlier this summer I had cut up a pumpkin colored jersey shirt of my own. Being the thrift-miester I am, I kept the pretty collar with the buttons. It stretched perfectly to make a waistband for my one year old, so I added brown jersey to make a twirly skirt. I left the hem of the skirt raw, so the whole skirt only took about 12 minutes.


Here it is together.

And here it is on Baby V. We just recently bought this old house, and the cracked patio concrete is one of the many fixes on our to-do list. The weatherman warns our summer days are numbered. The hubby has reminded me that it was my dream to have the old house and I should really work on these outdoor jobs ("Hello handyman?"), but I reason I'd better start sewing for the cold. We'll see who wins....

6 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

LOL...sounds like a convo at my house! In an old house there is always something that needs doing/fixing...It never seems to be finished. Sewing projects get finished...
Hands down sewing will win!

Genie said...

Your link to the Henderson pattern isn't working! :( It's a very cute little outfit - would love to make one for my little girl! How happy I am to have a girl, so much more fun to sew for!

Sally said...

Another adorable outfit.

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Darling, as usual.

:o) mg said...

We are in an older home as well. (Next year we will have it's 100th birthday party) When we were restoring it, all those cracks in the plaster got named "character". ;oD

Pacokeco said...

You are so industrious and ingeniuous! Now I'm looking at all my huge pile of outgrown/outdated giveaway clothing and wishing you lived closer.