Pages

06 August 2009

This is What I Would Be Wearing If I Were Still a Little Girl


And this is how I would answer the door....
The dress was created from Sandi Henderson's Portabello Pixie pattern and Heather Ross fabric which I bought on Etsy from The Fabric Farm (a very cool place to buy fabric from the comfort of your armchair).
The pattern also includes several other dresses such as these ones that I made earlier this summer:The pattern is surprisingly easy using very few pieces, and the instructions are full color with photos for each step. I'd absolutely recommend it for any level of sewer.

8 comments:

angelapea said...

TCFW!! (Too Cute For Words!) I love the dress, especially the bell sleeves, and the mermaid print is absolutely wonderful.

Hmmmm...I didn't know I could buy fabric from ETSY. This could become one of those cases where a little knowledge is dangerous...

The Sewing Dork said...

ooh, is it ever dangerous... and soon I'll be posting a tutorial on skirts that I made with fabric purchased on Etsy...

Ashley said...

So adorable! I love the "door answering" too ;)

sillygoat said...

What a cute dress! And thank you for the plug! I might have to start carrying those patterns at The Fabric Farm as well, they are so darn cute! I hope you'll be back again soon :)

www.TheFabricFarm.etsy.com

Care said...

super cute!! i love heather ross fabrics!

Pacokeco said...

You have such a great model for all your creations... what wouldn't look cute on her?
I'm especially loving that funky orange and teal number in your last photo.

Mauri said...

Adorable! I LOVE that fabric!

luvinthemommyhood said...

Love it! It turned out great!